With the right tools and techniques, startups and small businesses can properly manage their inventory. Here are a few great tools to help with inventory management and control!
One of the aspects that play a crucial role in the success of a business company is inventory management. By properly managing and controlling your inventory you can improve your business processes, be able to offer a better customer service, increase your sales, and maximize your profits.
In this article, we are going to share some of the best tools on the market to help you with inventory management and control:
- Reorder alerts – This is a great tool and we highly recommend you to start using it. It simply notifies you when your inventory is low. An alert will appear in your inventory management system to inform you that it is time to reorder a certain product. An alert will appear when the product level reaches the agreed reorder level. By using your inventory management system you can see the amount of each product and check when the product level has become low.
- Reports – This tool pulls information directly from the database in order to create a report with all the important information. By using this tool, you can create inventory reports, purchasing reports, sales reports, and much more.
- Dashboards – A dashboard is a graphical on-screen display of data and information. Different data and information can be viewed by using this tool. For example, the users that use Acctivate can customize the information that is presented on their dashboard screen.
- Mobile systems and barcoding – Mobile systems and barcoding are a combination of software and hardware that help your business to assign, control, scan, and manage different barcodes. Barcode software is the actual system that the inventory and barcoding information and barcode hardware include items such as label prints and barcode scanners.
- System integrations – A great inventory management system is perfectly capable of integrating with other business management software systems such as webstore platforms, accounting software, EDI, and etc.
The best thing you could do at this point is to find a solution that will provide you with the right inventory tools or the tools we mentioned above. All of these tools are necessary to properly manage your inventory and run your business. To summarize, the tools you need are reorder alerts, reports, dashboards, mobile systems and barcoding, and system integration.